Monday, November 9, 2009

New Topic- Grandpa Yamane

So it seems only fitting that we talk about Grandpa this week. I think it is good to reflect on some memories of him. When I was little he was very different. I remember thinking that he was the strongest man in the world. You should have seen his muscles!! He was a good-old-hard working farmer and it showed. He used to joke around with us and even play with us (a little). I remember when we would beg him to show us his biceps that he would always refuse at first. Eventually, he would flex them and we would be in awe! Then he would tell us that he swallowed a tennis ball and it went right to his arm. I remember him always saying, "Try it, you like it." I remember on my birthday, riding in the back of his small pick-up truck into the dirt fields at the farm in Idaho and shooting off the illegal kind of fireworks. And eating banana cremies with him on the porch. At the farm, he made us a giant slip-and-slide out of a huge piece of black plastic. One of my favorite recent memories is off him and Sam. Sam just walked right up to him and made him play with him. I think they were coloring. If anyone has that picture please post it.
Grandpa has always been generous to me. Remember on Christmas when we opened our cards from him expecting $20.00 and getting a check for "Five-hundred dollars!!" To a 16-year-old that was more money than I knew how to spend. I'm excited to hear all of your comments on Grandpa this week!

0 comments: