Monday, November 9, 2009

Julie

Yeah, Sarah is right. Grandpa was a very different person when we were younger. I remember him teasing me a lot:). Now that I think about it, I can totally see where Daddy gets it:). Grandpa is a regular "Wise Guy." In fact, all my memories of Grandpa are of him teasing me. One time I told Grandpa that I was bored, and so he told me to busy myself by twittling my thumbs cuz that's what he said he did when he was bored. He said he could do it for hours and so I remember attempting to twittle my thumbs for as long as I possibly could. As a 5 year old, I'm sure twittling my thumbs for just a minute felt like hours:). I learned the card game "52 pick up" from Grandpa, and we all know how one teaches how to play that game:). But as a little kid I LOVED it! I remember racing to pick up all the cards and quickly stuffing them back into his hands. The worst fib he ever told me was during Easter, at least I think it was around Easter. Grandma and Grandpa gave me a big stuffed bunny rabbit. All that day I carried it everywhere with me. That is until Grandpa told me that he gone outside his house and shot that bunny to give to me. I remember telling him I didn't believe him, however it had planted the seed, and for the rest of the day I didn't carry it around quite as much. I was such a gullible kid!

0 comments: