Monday, November 2, 2009

Thanks Everyone!!!!! New Topic this week.

I don't know what everyone else thinks but I loved reading everyone's memories. I really wanted to hear from the little girls because I know they have memories that I wasn't there for. So this is my guilt trip for them!!!! And I have to agree with Matt, kids now are wimpy. (This includes my kids! I'm going to have to toughen then up!) We would fill a whole pillowcase! We were very dedicated to that mission.

Anyhow, moving on. This week I had a hard time picking a new topic because there are so many fun things to talk about. Crystal suggested family vacations or funny stories that just have to be written down. Matt's post made me think that we need to write down Yamane family famous sayings, for example, "It wasn't worth it!" from Mom.

I think I'm going to go with funny stories because like Crystal said this story is just too funny. It involves Mark, Dad, a wash cloth, and me. But I don't like to mention the fact that this story is partly my fault. I'm still sorry Daddy.
So I came home from work one night to find Mom and Lisa standing ten feet away from a crying Mark. His pants were around his ankles and they were spraying him with a hose. All the while, gagging and laughing. Mark had an accident of the number 2 kind and the Adults couldn't handle it. So I grabbed Mark and took him up to Mom and Dad's bathroom to clean him up. I gave him a bath and when I was done I hung the wet washcloth on the tub faucet. It was wet, it needed to dry out a little and I wasn't about to ring it out. It was poopy can you blame me.
With Mark taken care of I just went on with my night like normal. Later on I was on Mom and Dad's bed waiting for family prayer, I think. I can't remember who else was there except Mom. Dad was in the bathroom taking a bath. When he came out of the bathroom apparently he could smell poop. I didn't notice what he was doing right away. He went downstairs for a while and when he came back into the bedroom he was sniffing everywhere. He said, "There is poop somewhere. I can smell it everywhere I go." A light bulb turned on in my head. "Dad did you use that washcloth on the faucet?" I explained through my laughs that I had used that washcloth to clean up Mark's poop. Dad's face was livid. All he said was, "Why would you leave it out?" Then he went back into the bathroom and started another bath.
Mom and I were laughing so hard. I don't think Dad appreciated our laughing but it couldn't be helped. Mom was laughing so hard because she said that when Dad baths he really lathers up the washcloth and wipes his face thoroughly. Everytime I think about Dad sniffing around the whole house because he could smell poop "Everywhere he went," I have to chuckle. Again, sorry Dad!!!!!

0 comments: