So I sitting in the computer lab at Weber's Social Science building and literally holding my breath, as I try to hold in the giggles. I am positive the people sitting next to me think I'm having a seizure or something because I'm shaking as I try to stifle my laughter. Oh that is probably ranked in my top 10 favorite family stories in the history of the Yamane family! Sorry papa bear!
Well I figure I better be one of the first to post a story before all the good ones get taken. Some of you may not have been there for this particular family night, and it involves Granny who is technically not a Yamane but I'll tell it anyway.
Granny's MS was acting up again and she was having a hard time talking. She was helping Grandpa with the lesson, they were talking about patriotism, and she was saying how in elementary school she used to say the "pwedge of weegence evwy day." (translation: the pledge of allegiance every day) Well being the loving and sensitive family that we are, everyone starts smiling and giggling to each other. Granny is such a good sport when we tease her. Then someone said, "Granny, you sound just like the priest on the Princess Bride!". Well Granny didn't know what we were talking about and so we had to show her! So we spent the rest of family night listening to grandma read lines from the movie, doing a perfect impersonaion of the goofy priest. Then Dad got out our DVD of the Princess Bride and we watched just that scene. Cute Granny just giggles to herself as she is watching the movie and then says "Das esactwy how I wuda said it!" :). Granny, you gotta love her! Maybe this was one of those "you had to be there" moments, I don't know.
Monday, November 2, 2009
I Can't Stop Laughing!- Julie
Posted by Julie Barneck at 11:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment