Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I don't know how to work this blog thing...what's a blog???

Ok, so I totally forgot that we have a family blog. And then I suddenly started getting emails and after a week of trying to use my iPhone to write on the blog I figured I should just get on a computer and type it. SO.



Marissa - Marissa May - May May - Maynerd - Ris - Rissa - Stinky McFarland?

I am pretty sure Marissa has had more nick names than anyone else in our family. I think that is because Marissa has changed so much. Like Marie said, everyone thinks she is reserved and quiet when in reality she is a PSYCHO! Just kidding Rissa. Really though, Marissa has grown up so much. And so fast, right Mom? My very favorite memories of Marissa are watching her play sports. I remember getting videos in HK of Marissa tumbling. I am so excited for Marissa to play soccer in college. I will actually have a reason to go to a college sports game besides to show my family the University of Utah is better than BYU! But it won't matter because it will be all about Weber State! I don't know if I am more excited to watch her play or to wear my favorite color: Purple! JK. Marissa is a natural at any sport she tries. Not to mention she is so darn cute. I love her simplicity and complexity. Her shy and outgoing nature. Her humility and confidence. Marissa is a balance of everything. And I am so so proud to be her big brother.



Since I am no long celebrating my own birthdays (when you're old you can do that), I am just going to talk about Marie's.



Marie - Bo Bo - Maria - Maria Conchita Banana - Beeya - anything but LISA

K I lied. Marie and Marissa may be tied for most nicknames. Marie, is a beautiful woman. What can I say? I am so excited for her to be in college and experiencing everything she can. She has worked so hard to be in a great program at school and I am so proud of her. Marie is my shopping soul mate. Although we don't get to shop together much, we both love to shop. Maybe it's a Sagittarius thing. Anyways, Marie is always looking so cute and never afraid to wear heels (or cowboy boots - I think that is great). I love her beautiful smile and optimistic attitude. It's funny I always think of Marie having long, long hair. But really when she was little she had short hair. Remember her boy haircut? I think the scariest part of being Marie's brother is when she was a baby and had that big birthmark. I remember Mom and Dad saying everything was fine, but I was just so scared. I should have never been scared because if I had known then what I know now about Marie that nothing could ever hold her back. Little sister you are great and I love you!

P.S. - I'll have you all know...I am a bad driver and I have come to that realization. But I still love you all!

0 comments: