Saturday, January 23, 2010

New Topic - Julie

So Since Julie is growing up and getting married I wanted to talk about my little baby sister. I guess Julie can tell us something about her too. Anyhow, I remember being so excited to get home from school to see my baby sister. Mom would actually let me babysit her by myself. I remember one day I tried to lay her in my doll's cradle (the same tiny cradle that is still in the basement). I put her in there and was so proud of myself. I turned away for a second and the cradle tipped Julie right out. She cried and I felt sooo bad! Sorry Julie, I may have given you brain damage! Julie slept in my room for a long time. I remember that I hated it when Mom and Dad would make her sleep in her crib because she would cry. So I would climb in her crib and sleep with her so she wouldn't cry. That was when she was a baby but later I became less empathetic. She always slep in my bed with me and she would wake me up by hitting me on the head with her bottle. Then I would get up and fill her bottle back up. One night I remember being fed up and I put her in her crib which was down the hall in her room. She cried but I was tough and I went back to my room. Then I hear a loud thud and the crying gets closer and closer until it was right outside my door. Well, I tried but she won. I let her back in bed. I loved having a sister. When she was little she would do my hair but for some reason she didn't like doing my hair when she got older :) Everyday I had to choose clothes that would match something that Julie had or she would cry.  Now she's all growed up! Crazy how time flies!

0 comments: