Something that I will always remember about Grandpa was that he always had smart pills at his house. They were always in a jar by the lamp in the front room by the window. Whenever we would go over there he would only give us those smart pills when he was there. It was always right after he would flex his biceps and we could see the huge baseball that he had. It was a lot of fun.
I also remember when I had the chance to go on a business trip with Pops. I was pretty young but Pops was going to be gone for my birthday and somehow I got to go with dad. Well he was working all day and I got to spend time with Grandpa and Grandma Yamane. It was a blast because it was all for me. They took me out all day, but one day in Grandpa took me fishing to the fish farm. Which now that I am older I realized that they charged per fish I pulled out of there. Before we went grandpa and grandma got me a new shinny spinner. Grandpa new that having a reel was going to be pointless at the farm, so he tied a long piece of fish line to the end of one of his poles and away I went. I caught dozens of fish. I would sneak up to the edge of the water and drop my line in and WHAM they were all over my new spinner. Grandpa and Grandma just let me go at it. It was a total blast and I'll never forget Grandpa forking over all the money for the fish I pulled out of there. He never really cared about that stuff. He was just trying to make a grandson happy. I remember when I was in High School and my rodeo broke down again. Grandpa paid for the repairs so that I wouldn't have to ride the bus or get a ride from anybody. He didn't mind how much it was, but was helping me out. He is pretty soft spoken about most things, but one thing is for sure he has taken care of us. It has been a blessing to have Grandpa staying at Mom and Pops' house. We have a chance to get closer to him. Thanks Grandpa.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Grandpa Yamane
Posted by Jake at 10:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment