Sunday, November 15, 2009

mom's memories of Grandpa Yamane

This is such a timely moment to record some of my memories of Grandpa. He is living with us now and he is so easy and uncomplaining that other than worrying about his health he is a pleasure to help out.

You know besides being quiet, like his son, I would have to say one of the most memorable things about him is I know of no one, oops other than his son, who is more generous. Right from the start of our marriage he wanted to help us. Dad brought into our marriage a 12in black and white TV. It was all we had. One night we were watching reruns of MASH and dad let me know that all the characters had dyed their hair red and I couldn't see what was so funny until he told me that. Well needless to say Grandpa showed up with a 19in color TV. He was always doing little things like that. He would pay for car repairs or whatever we needed. He never has shown disappointment in me and has always been good to me even if I wasn't sure what he was thinking because he was quiet. What a good man. We can all remember that he raised one of the best people in the whole world. Yes you know him, Your FATHER.

0 comments: